Saturday, May 24, 2008
Day 2 Harpers Ferry, VA
Today was a nice day for a ride, a bit cool in the morning, but it quickly warmed up. We left the hotel around 9:00 AM and headed for breakfast. Lee and Sue met us at the hotel and promised a nice ride to Gettysburg, PA. I cant tell you the routes we took I can only tell you the country side was beautiful. We headed north through West Virginia. The roads were pot hole free and curvaceous. I cant remember the name of the park we rode through but Camp David is located there. The scenery was filled with lots of trees and streams. We rode along side the Potomac River and headed for Battle Field Harley Davidson. Once again the traffic was heavy at times but the ride went smoothly. We arrived in Gettysburg and headed for H.D. The lot was full of bikes and once again ours was the only Yamahog there. Tracy and I shopped for sun glasses then sat and enjoyed the sunny weather. We left H.D. and went to the Gettysburg Welcome Center. The building was massive and very impressive. There were displays of guns, uniforms, letters, pictures, and all kinds of facts about Gettysburg and it's history. A lot of history nicely displayed and the layout was accommodating to the large numbers of people. We saddled up around 3:15 PM and decided to head back to Lee and Sue's house. It was a "Quick" ride back to their home and we were soon enjoying good food and drink. After a few hours we said our good byes to Lee (he has to work tomorrow and cant join us for the ride) and headed for the hotel. Tracy and I went to town to wash the bike and go to the store for something sweet. Tracy is re-coloring her hair pink (for breast cancer awareness) and I'm just relaxing and preparing for tomorrows ride. I discovered that pictures take a while to upload, so they will be coming when I can load them without roaming charges on my wi-fi. Early to bed, we need to be up at 5:00 AM. Kick stands up at 6:00 AM for the ride to Washington, D.C.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment