Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 4 Cary, NC

Once again the Lord has provided us with a spectacular day for riding. Temperatures in the 70's and clear skies. We gathered in the hotel lot to say our good byes to Sue. Bob left before we got down stairs to head home solo. Hank and Lori said they would be traveling home alone also. I handed out picture C.D.'s that I created last night from our journey so far. We left the lot at 9:00 A.M. with 7 bikes headed for North Carolina. Tracy and I were heading for Cary and the rest were headed for the shores of N.C. We rode out of D.C. in fairly light traffic and headed 70 miles down Rt. 95. We decided we would ride before we ate. We stopped at a Denny's for breakfast in Culpepper V.A. I finally got to have grits and a good southern meal. We laughed because we rode to Culpepper last year to tour a distillery. We took off from Denny's and headed south on Rt. 95. Gary led and Heavy D took the rear. (we weren't going to lose Tom today) We stopped for gas near Bowling Green V.A. and the prices still were high ($3.89 gal.). Once again, we headed south on Rt. 95. We rode for another 70 or so miles then stopped at a rest stop to say our good byes. Tracy and I were going to head West on Rt 65 but I missed the exit. Good thing I had my G.P.S. because it redirected our route. We arrived at my brothers house around 5:00 P.M. and the grill was already fired up. Steaks for dinner, a quick dip in the pool, and relax. Total miles traveled today was 345. We are just sitting here in the kitchen chatting and enjoying our stay. Tomorrows ride we will head north to Charleston, W.V.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matty & Tracy: I'm glad to see and read that your trip is going well for you both. The slide show is great and your description of the trip can almost make the reader fell like he is on the ride with you guys. Keep up the good work and please be safe on the road, hope to see guys through more slide shows! Your brother, Jeff

Anonymous said...

hello! just read day 3.hey Matt!southern food is the bomb.wish you could bring me some. sounds like you& Tracy are having fun.Just remember to drive safe....Paula

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro !
The wife, kids and I all loved having you and Traci here at our home. We know it was sort of out of the way, if not for the Rolling Thunder trip to DC, and appreciate spending time with ya'll. The nice comments around how good southern cooking is was appreciated! I keep being told that I'm a red neck who was supposed to have been born in the south - not up north! Hope ya'll decide to move to our neck of the woods when retirement hits!
Your Bro - Bill