Greetings family and Friends. Once again, no Internet to make my daily post, so I am creating this off line. We have arrived to the wilderness. We left the hotel at 8:00a.m. and jumped on the Gold Rush Trail to headed north. The temperature was 45 degrees and clouds were in the sky. The news said a storm was coming but we figured we would out run the worst of it. We saw farms, R.V. Parks, and restaurants lining the roadside. The roads were winding through the mountain and the vegetation was green. Evergreens, Ash, and Poplar trees were all over the country side. We rode for an hour then pulled over to eat at a nice country mom and pop restaurant. We had a good breakfast then decided to put on our rain gear before we left. It seemed to be getting colder and rain loomed ahead. It started to rain lightly but it dropped the temperature. We stopped in the town of Williams Lake to put or face masks on and grab a coffee and Red Bull. We met three riders from Houston, B.C. and we fellowshipped for a while, as we waited for the rain to ease up. We pulled out and continued on our way. It was still raining lightly but would come and go. The towns were getting more scarce and so was fuel. I turned on my reserve and hoped gas was around the next curve or over the next hill. It began to rain really hard and it was getting difficult to see. We finally came to a town that had a good amount of amenities. We stopped at a Seven Eleven and fueled up. I told Tracy I was praying that we would make it and I wouldn't let it get that close again. Tracy told me she had doubts we would have enough fuel when I told her we would. Just when she had that thought she saw a sign on a tree that read Trust Jesus. This affirmed to her we would have enough. How cool is that knowing He is always with us if we Trust Him? I got a coffee for Tracy and the lady at the counter asked if that was all. When I told her yes, she said “it's on us honey, you've been riding in the rain for a while.”. I thanked her, gave her Gods Blessing, and headed to the bike. The three bikers we saw back at the other station were there also. We chatted some more then one of them gave us a map of B.C. This is coming in handy being that our G.P.S. only shows one road in Canada and we have no Internet. Back to the old fashioned way for now. We headed out again and rode to Prince George. Not very impressive for the Capitol of B.C. We stopped for diner at a Denny's. When I gave the girl two U.S. Twenties she asked if I needed change. The bill was only $28 she then looked very confused. I told her U.S. Currency was at 2% and everyone has been calling it even. Well, I guess she didn't believe me, she went and asked the manger. The manager was no better he told her that the $40 was only worth $36. I wasn't about to argue with these people who were clueless. I smiled, gave her a Blessing and left. As we left Prince George the real wilderness began. I can describe the ride as similar to riding through Letchworth State Park, miles and miles of it. The weather had taken its toll on us, so we called it an early day again. Cold and wet makes for a rough day's ride. We would like to take advantage of the long days but the weather keeps beating us down. We are totally wiped out but we are really enjoying our adventure. Keep posted were almost there. We have around 800 miles to Tok, Alaska.
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment